Supplements can be in capsule, pill, tablet, or liquid form. You should remember that it only adds value to diet and should not be considered as an alternative for food or prescribed medication.
Herbal supplements are one kind of these dietary supplements. The use of plants for medicinal purposes has been documented across the globe for thousands of years ago.
Although a lot of people have claimed positive results, it is still important to investigate the potential benefits and side effects of these supplements. As your leading home health care in Douglasville, Georgia, here are some points to consider before taking that pill:
- Herbal supplements are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are under the dietary supplement category. This regulation is not meant for drugs or foods
- Under the regulation, herbal supplements should meet certain quality standards. Manufacturers should observe good manufacturing practices.
- FDA approval is not a requirement in selling dietary supplements to the market.
- Manufacturers can claim their supplements support health or address nutrient deficiency. The claim should only be made when there is supporting research and a disclaimer that the FDA has not evaluated the claim.
- No specific medical claim should be made. For example, companies should not publish a claim that their herbal supplement addresses a specific medical condition.
- The FDA has the authority to monitor, intervene, and remove unsafe products from the market.
After your research, it is still best to discuss things through with your doctor.
Universal Home Care And Services Inc. is ready to support you all the way. As your chosen home health care provider, your health is our primary goal.
Connect with the leading home care agency in Georgia and enjoy our holistic approach.